I was in a fender bender, I was at fault. The other guy said he maybe had whiplash, should I have a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, MO

I was just coming off the freeway. There is a new intersection built and I was looking to merge. My car went forward a little and hit the guy in front of me. He said he might have whiplash and was going to go to his doctor tomorrow. I have no insurance and was wondering if I should get a lawyer for my court date?

1. Mark A Kille

3

Answered . If you are referring to your court date for a traffic ticket, you should save your money that you might pay an attorney and purchase insurance instead.

2. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . Since you have no insurance you will be responsible for the damages that were suffered. I was hire an attorney who can better negotiate a settlement against you. I'd also ask the attorney in your area to investigate the issue of the new intersection that was built. It is possible the city is somewhat at fault here.

Pro

3

Answered . It is always a good idea to retain a lawyer for any court date. Get insurance so this doesn't happen again. You put yourself and others at risk by having no insurance.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . Without insurance you will have to pay out of your own pocket for an attorney. You are responsible for all property damage and any personal injuries he suffered. The other driver will probably make an uninsured motorists claim against his own insurance company, and they will be looking at you for repayment.

5. Melvin G. Franke

Answered . Your insurance company has to provide you with an attorney.