I was in a car wreck 2 yrs ago . it was my vehicle someone else driving . my ins co settled but i was not giving a MRI at the

Alma, GA |

time i have just found out that i have 2 buldged disk and bone spurs on my neck due to trauma or injury can i re - sue my ins or am i out of luck because i took their offer .

It sound like you settled your case and as result you probably waived your rights for any further action.

Darrell B. Reynolds Attorney At Law
404-636-6616

Unfortunately you are probably out of luck on 2 counts. First, because it sounds like you took their offer and absent extraordinary circumstances you are usually stuck with the deal you made even if it later turns out to be a bad one. Secondly, you are probably outside the 2 yr window within which you have to bring suit. I'm sorry for your pain and hope you heal quickly and well.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

The one most foolish thing anyone can do in a car wreck is to talk with the insurer without a lawyer. Once you signed a release, assuming you did, you cheated yourself (I suspect here out of a large amount of money). Show a lawyer what you signed, but if it's a normal release you are out of luck.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

If it was over 2 years ago you also missed the statute of limitations.

Unfortunately, you are probably out of luck. If it has been over two years since the wreck the statute of limitation probably bars your claim. Even if it doesn't, yur claim is probably barred because of the release you almost certainly signed when you took the offer. You should take the release and wreck report to a personal injury lawyer, though, to be sure. Good luck.

When a case is settled, it is typically over. Also, there is a deadline to sue known as the statute of limitations.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Your case is likely settled; and, even if the case could be "unsettled" by someone with experience in personal injury/insurance or contract litigation, your statute of limitations may have run on your case. Sorry about your situation.

Answers to questions does not create an attorney/client relationship. I only am your attorney if I have entered into a written contract, signed by me, wherein I expressly assent to be your attorney. Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice to be acted upon, it is merely a legal opinion.