I was in a car vs bicycle accident no broken bones. however lots of back, risk, and elbow pain. medical bills $17500

I received therapy, and no lost of job time how much might i get back from settlement
?

1. An accurate answer to your question needs more information. There are many factors that would affect your settlement. For example, will you need future treatment and medical care? What are the other party's insurance policy limits? Does the other party have assets that you can go after? Was the other party driving a personal vehicle or a work vehicle? Also, keep in mind that higher settlements are generally achieved on personal injury claims when there is an attorney representing your interests. I would recommend you speak with a personal injury attorney in your area who can better advise you after considering all of the facts relevant to your situation. Also keep in mind that most attorneys offer free initial consultations. Best of luck.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above serves for educational purposes only and is meant to provide general information for a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone with case-specific legal advice. Further take notice that any information on this site should not be used as a substitute for case-specific legal advice. Readers should also be aware that laws and their applications frequently change. As such, any information provided on this site is general in nature and may not apply to specific factual and legal situations. Contact a professional, competent attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction to receive case-specific legal advice before making any important decisions regarding your legal issue.

2. First, my sincere regret that you encountered this accident. You need to get a copy of the police report and any other documentation, such as medical records, and have them reviewed by an attorney. I have personally dealt with other California claims such as yours and it is important for you to gather as much documentation as possible. Best of luck to you.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

3. I agree with the above post.

You really should consult with an attorney and see if there is a chance of recovery. If you can recover and the driver was insured, then you may be limited to the driver's insurance policy limits. Do your research and get in touch with a personal injury attorney.

4. Contact a personal injury attorney. They will be able to accurately evaluate your injuries. Any of the personal injury attorneys answering your question or that you can find on Avvo would be more than happy to speak with you.

5. You need MRI's and other tess to determine if you have any disc problems in your back or neurological problems in other areas of your body. The extent of your injuries supportefd by medical documentation will determine your damages claim.

6. Anyone can guess, but only an experienced personal injury attorney will be able to give an answer to your question. It depends on the facts of your accident, the full nature & extent of your injuries - present & future; any wage loss and/or loss of future earnings; etc.etc. Do yourself a favor & seek the counsel of a good personal injury attorney - most, like myself, offer free initial consultations. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

7. You should hire a lawyer. A good lawyer can obtain a better settlement/verdict for you than you can for yourself. You should consider the lawyers from y our area who responded to your question.

8. One of the personal injury lawyers in your state above would need to get a lot more information from you before they are ready to put a number on it.

9. Please tell me you have a personal injury attorney!! If you don't, you need someone right away. No one can predict what sort of settlement you will get (if at all) because none of truly understand the issue of liability or injury causation. Your attorney will help you navigate those treacherous waters!

Best of luck to you.

Dan

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

10. Seventeen thousand bucks is a lot of money, and an amount considered significant if it is just the start of the medical costs from a motor vehicle accident. That figure will only increase as pain and suffering and lost wages are added. Certainly, such an amount warrants attorney involvement. Hopefully, an accident claim and lawsuit are something most people encounter once if at all... Attorneys handle these day in and day out.

We personal injury types work on contingency and we don't charge for consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

11. You should have your file reviewed by a personal injury attorney in order to get an informed opinion as to the potential value of your case as well as any other issues that could concern your rights; otherwise, people will only be guessing. Like many of the attorneys who have responded, we offer free consultation and evaluation of personal injury cases. Feel free to contact my office or any of the other AVVO attorneys who handle personal injury matters for a free consultation.

Marc Lazarus
    www.russellandlazarus.com
    Tel: (949)309-0990

12. I read the answers posted by the other lawyers and agree with most of what they have to say including that you should hire a lawyer; otherwise, the other side's adjuster will try to lowball you into settling for less than the case is worth.

One thing I noticed the other lawyers didn't mention is that the amount you get could be reduced by your percentage of fault. We call this a "comparative negligence" analysis, and it's the law in California. I know you mentioned your bills are $17,500 so far - and that's just the medical portion of damages (what we call "medical special damages") without including your pain and suffering (what we call "general damages"). But lets assume for a moment your total damages are $10,000. If you were completely blameless and the other side was completely responsible, then you're entitled to $10,000. But if, on the other hand, you were, say, 30% responsible, then your damages would be reduced by 30% leaving you with $7,000.

But like at least one other attorney said, so much goes into this analysis, and we really don't have enough information to assess it. Most personal injury attorneys would be happy to offer a free consultation to review the details. Beware: all accident cases have deadlines to file your case in court. If you miss the deadline, you'll be time barred from bringing your claim and you'll lost your rights. If you want to bring this claim, retain counsel without delay. Good luck.

13. You can call our office to discuss.

Disclaimer The information contained in this answer and Website is provided for general informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter or any particular claim or case. No recipients of content from this answer and site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this answer and site without first seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this answer and Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, strategy, laws, verdicts or settlements. This Attorney and Firm expressly disclaim all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this answer, general page and entire Website.

14. You need to have the file reviewed by a personal injury attorney. Every case is an individual assessment. Please feel free to contact our office for a no cost consultation. 800-809-8848