I was in a car rec exactly one week ago. i did not have insurance at the time and now i do. what can they do to me?

Irving, TX |

the person was at fault but since i did not have insurance she blamed it on me and threat to call the police on me but didnt . i was pulling out the parking lot of a store and she was about to park. i be alive we both where at fault. now shes telling me shes going to call the police if my insurance does not cover her damage.

It might be a problem for you that you were driving without insurance, but since you now have it, and if this all happened in a parking lot (that's not clear), the police may do nothing. Most likely the other person will turn it over to her insurance company, and you will be hearing from them.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

2. You can be charged with driving without insurance.

Check this out:

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/pubs/consumer/cb020.html

If she persists, call a lawyer before agreeing to anything.

You should know that this answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship. To do so would require a written agreement between us. You should be aware that there are time limits within which you must pursue any claim or suit.

3. You could be charged with driving without insurance, however; civally, if you were not at fault for the accident, you will not have to pay for the damages. In fact, if the other driver was at fault, her insurance should pay for your damages. Def get a lawyer. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

4. In regards to the police, you may be charged with not having the basic liability coverage to meet the requirements for the state of Texas. However, if she didn't call the police, this probably won't happen, and since you are insured now, you have at least taken steps to remedy that problem for the future. In regards to the accident, she will likely file a claim with her carrier to determine fault. If you are deemed at fault, she may try and take action against you through a lawsuit or small claims. If you were not at fault, you can recover for property damage and injuries through her insurance (assuming she has it).

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.

5. Having insurance after the accident is not going to provide you with coverage at the time of the collision. I would consult with an attorney given their accusations.

6. Did you have insurance on another car? There is a grace period when you buy a new car, so you need to consider if another policy you have might work for you. If you have such insurance, you should talk with your company

7. You could get a ticket, and sued for the accident. Retain a traffic court lawyer if charged.

8. If a driver in an car accident is at fault but uninsured, then that driver is personally liable for the automobile accident injuries and damages. If that same driver purchases insurance after that accident, most insurance companies only provide coverage from the day and time of purchase forward and do not retroactively apply it to prior accidents. You are still an uninsured driver for the automobile accident. Call a local attorney and see if this is the law in your state for automobile accidents.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.

9. If she was at fault, you could always sue her.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

Traffic tickets topics