I was in a car crash last year and didnt see a doctor is it to late to open a case?

Asked about 1 year ago - Millville, NJ

The car crash was on 6/4/12. In vineland, nj on s. Lincoln ave. & e. Grant ave. Report # is 27545-2012

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

Answered . Assuming all private parties, you have time to sue. Connecting an injury to a traumatic event that occurred over 1 year ago is going to be (next to) impossible; in my view.

2. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

8

Answered . You still have time to bring an action. However if you were not injured you have no damages. If you were injured then contact a personal injury attorney who handles new jersey cases.

3. Matthew C Simon

Pro

8

Answered . Seek medical treatment ASAP and then seek an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case in detail and determine whether or not you have a valid claim. Many attorneys, such as myself, work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing unless you win or settle) and offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

Pro

5

Answered . You have time still.

5. Dean P Murray

4

Answered . Consult a local personal injury lawyer. You should be receiving medical treatment continuously after the accident. Without such evidence of treatment, your case will be difficult to win.

6. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . You should consult with a local personal injury attorney. If you were injured, you should seek necessary medical treatment.

7. Clifford Horwitz

Pro

5

Answered . You should consult with a local personal injury attorney. Consultations are generally free.

8. J. Silvio Mascolo

1

Answered . Yes, the statute of limitations in New Jersey is 2 years. It is not uncommon for a person involved in an auto accident to develop pain days and even weeks after the accident. If there is medical treatment and an injury, you may very well have a valid claim against the other driver's insurance company.

9. John Anthony Mattiacci Jr.

1

Answered . Generally in NJ you have two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit so you still have time to do so. Whether you can recover money and how much will depend on what injuries you have sustained and whether you can prove those injuries. Not treating with a doctor makes the recovery more difficult because insurance companies want documentation of injuries and treatment before paying any significant settlement. That is not to say you can't recover but it will depend on a number of factors. You should hire a lawyer immediately. Good luck.

10. Tatiana Kadetskaya

2

Answered . It's not too late. Here you go www.Personal-Injury-Lawyer-New-Jersey.com