Skip to main content

I was in a car crash last year and didnt see a doctor is it to late to open a case?

Millville, NJ |

The car crash was on 6/4/12. In vineland, nj on s. Lincoln ave. & e. Grant ave. Report # is 27545-2012

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


Assuming all private parties, you have time to sue. Connecting an injury to a traumatic event that occurred over 1 year ago is going to be (next to) impossible; in my view.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You still have time to bring an action. However if you were not injured you have no damages. If you were injured then contact a personal injury attorney who handles new jersey cases.

Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Seek medical treatment ASAP and then seek an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case in detail and determine whether or not you have a valid claim. Many attorneys, such as myself, work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing unless you win or settle) and offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


You should consult with a local personal injury attorney. If you were injured, you should seek necessary medical treatment.


You should consult with a local personal injury attorney. Consultations are generally free.


Consult a local personal injury lawyer. You should be receiving medical treatment continuously after the accident. Without such evidence of treatment, your case will be difficult to win.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:


You have time still.


It's not too late. Here you go


Yes, the statute of limitations in New Jersey is 2 years. It is not uncommon for a person involved in an auto accident to develop pain days and even weeks after the accident. If there is medical treatment and an injury, you may very well have a valid claim against the other driver's insurance company.


Generally in NJ you have two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit so you still have time to do so. Whether you can recover money and how much will depend on what injuries you have sustained and whether you can prove those injuries. Not treating with a doctor makes the recovery more difficult because insurance companies want documentation of injuries and treatment before paying any significant settlement. That is not to say you can't recover but it will depend on a number of factors. You should hire a lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: I am not your attorney and no attorney-client relationship exists nor is intended to exist or to be formed by providing the information above. The information provided is not legal advice and is not intended to be taken as legal advice. Any person faced with the above-referenced situation should immediately consult an attorney licensed within the applicable state or jurisdiction before taking any action based on this or any other information.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer