I was in a car accident where the man hit me from behind when i was at a dead stop at 35 mph. Had to take therapy for a while.

Richlands, NC |

I asked the lawyer to ask for pain and suffering, decreased value of my car due to damages (it did about 4,500 in damages) and reinburse me for my towing bill (150.00) how much do you think my settlement will be before lawyer fees and all that?

Unfortunately there is not enough to go on here. You do not mention what your injuries were. Without that it is impossible to say. However, even with the injuries, it would be difficult to give you an answer. The reason is that every single insurance company is different in how they deal with claims. Further, there are so many subtle differences that affect how a claim is settled. It can be as simple as who the claims adjuster is.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

I could not give an answer to your question if I had the file. If your lawyer has not given you a number, you probably have a smart lawyer. There are so many variable factors in valuation of a case that only a foolish lawyer tries to predict what a case will bring. It might not settle at all. If you take a verdict, anything can happen. You can lose the best case, when represented by the best lawyer. Or you can get money on a case that everybody thinks is a dead loser.

There is no way of knowing without more information.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

We have no way of knowing with this info. Best bet is to call your lawyer.

Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Personal injury