I was in a car accident two years and found out I have permanent nerve damage how much is my case worth

Asked over 4 years ago - Brockton, MA

nerve damage in my neck down my arm tingling in my fingers no strength to write open cans and constant pain

1. Jonas A Jacobson

1

Answered . It is hard to put a dollar value on a case without knowing all of the facts. Perhaps more relevantly, trying to find an attorney to resolve your issue based upon how highly they may value the case is not a good metric upon which to base your decision.

What's to stop an attorney from unscrupulously stating a high, but illegitimate value to win the representation? No one can tell you anything until they have reviewed your case closely.

If you are looking for an attorney, look for the following two things (1) how much do you trust the person you are talking to? Honesty is critical in making out a worthwhile case, and you need an attorney with whom you can be totally forthright. (2) how hard do you think this person will work on your case? Good lawyering requires effort.

I know a few outstanding attorneys. Indeed, depending upon the facts, I may be able to help you myself. My website is linked below.

2. Sara Jane Trezise

1

Answered . It is impossiblel to answer this question without looking at all of the facts of the collision you were involved in, looking at all of your medical records and without asking a doctor as to the cause of your nerve damage. Just because the nerve damage arose after the collsion does not mean it caused it. Often I need to send my client to a specialist to review all of my client's medical records and to examine them to allow the doctor to determine the cause of nerve damage. If you do not have an attorney, you need to fine one as soon as possible.

3. Tami Leigh Diebel

1

Answered . The fact that you just found out you have nerve damage is interesting. Your nerve damage has to be related to the auto accident of 2 years ago, which may be very difficult to prove at this juncture. It depends on what your medical records say and whether you have been treating for the past 2 years. If it can be linked, it could be worth $100K; if you went a period of months after the accident without medical treatment regardless of the reason you went without medical treatment and it cannot be linked to the accident, your claim could be worth $0.

4. Joseph A Blaszkow

1

2

Answered . You have not given any where near enough information to evaluate your case here. I hope you already have legal counsel, or will soon be retaining counsel. They can advise you about the value of your case. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.