I was in a car accident in nj I had a prior accident months before this recent one

I was experiencing some pain at this present accident I told rescue and police I was ok no new injuries jut a little pain from a prior accident they recommended I go anyway get checked out hospital in nj kept me over 6 hours placed a color on my neck after almost 4 hours I went for cath scans then released no new medical issues today I get a bill from hospital $25,000.00 treatment tests I have no insurance the car I had a accident in was a taxi my employer said I only worked for him 3 weeks to go apply for mercy care since I don't have insurance he only had liability is this legal what do I do I have a pa license work in nj driving a tAxi have a pa license got a careless driving ticket and other driver had injuries my driving record is excellent I'm age 63

Hopewell, NJ -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Retain a local workers comp lawyer to investigate.

Gregory S. Shields

Gregory S. Shields

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Media, PA

If you are an employee, your employer has to have a worker's comp. policy to cover your injuries and he has to also have a personal injury policy on the taxi. You will have to make the insurance carriers aware of this crash. In addition to these medical bills you will almost certainly be sued for the other driver's injuries, particularly if you're driving a taxi in NJ without an NJ commercial license and were cited for reckless driving.

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

If the accident occurred during the course of your employment, you are entitled to worker's compensation, which your employer has to provide regardless of the length of time you are on the job (even if it was your first day). If he refuses to provide you the insurance info, go to the NY Workers' Comp. Board to file. His liability insurance on the car should also cover you for any claims by the other vehicle/occupants. Consult with an attorney if you are injured about your right to pursue a personal injury claim, which consult will be free of charge.

Michael B. Fusco

Michael B. Fusco

Personal Injury Lawyer - Edison, NJ

If you consult a workers compensation attorney they should be able to do an insurance search to see of the company was covered. If you we're not in the course of employment, there may be Personal Injury Protection coverage on the taxi. Either way, an experienced attorney will be able to sort out some of these issues for you.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Personal Injury Lawyer - Parsippany, NJ

I agree with the other attorneys. You may be covered under the workers compensation insurance policy or your own auto insurance policy. It depends on the contents of the policy. Many attorneys such as myself offer free 30 minute consultations.