I was in a car accident I was not at fault, I had no insurance at the time of the accident.

At the time of the accident I had no insurance, The at fault's insurance company is trying to make me pay for damages to their car. All police documentation, eye witnesses are in my favor. At fault's insurance only wants to pay for 70% of damages to my car stating because I could have avoided the accident. Can the at fault's insurance company make me pay for damages to his car? What can I do to approach this? Can that also effect my injury claim against them?

Jacksonville, FL -

John Michael Phillips

John Michael Phillips

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Jacksonville, FL

I am a Jacksonville lawyer and offer a free consultation. I spent 8 years working for insurance companies and over a year working for the largest personal injury firm in the country before setting out to give clients personal service and help them fight these fights.

Essentially, insurance carriers try to negotiate every dollar they can, because every $100 means millions in the end to the Board of Directors. The 70% will be used against you by the adjuster, but it doesn't set a baseline or mean anything really down the road. However, do not settle for less than you deserve. Further, they may try and tag you for the 30% of the other vehicle. my recommendation, let an attorney handle this.

Even in soft tissue injuries, those tissues stretch and scar, or cause corresponding pressure on nerves in the spinal cord, leaving behind permanent problems for some. I have had clients need surgeries years later because of a bulging disk and have their entire world collapse for what seemed inconsequential at the time. Insurance companies want you to settle as soon as possible and treat as little as possible. Attorneys matter. They change their gameplan when a lawyer is involved.

For that reason - and the misinformation by TV lawyers and referral services- is why people should consult lawyers who take the time like on sites like this. Because of the economy, more lawyers are jumping into personal injury and should stick to what they know. Personal injury law REQUIRED knowledge about medical science and biomechanics (the forces on a body in a wreck) far greater and more specific than you'd think. The other side has doctors and millions on their side to say nothing is wrong or fight the claim. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me- jmp@knowthelawyer.com. Check out our website- www.knowthelawwyer.com. We'd love to help you. Our number is 517-8903.

Sidney Weinstein

Sidney Weinstein

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

Consult with a local personal injury attorney as to your options as soon as you can.

David Irving Shiner

David Irving Shiner

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Boca Raton, FL

You should contact a local personal injury attorney to assist you with your issues. Statistics show that you will be much more likely to get a better result with an attorney representing your interests. In addition, most attorneys will represent you in your claims on a contingency basis. Please feel free to visit my website to learn about more about your questions. www.InCourt.com

Steven Mark Sweat

Steven Mark Sweat

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Beverly Hills, CA

If you were injured, hire an attorney in FL.