Skip to main content

I was in a car accident and not sure if I should sue for injuries or not?

Portage, IN |

I was in a car accident last year and I incurred a sprained wrist. I have had restless leg syndrome every night since then, along with restless arm syndrome for days at a time. I am not sure if it's worth it for me to sue or not? The guy that hit me was texting while driving and slammed right into me. He was uninsured and unlicensed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 13


I would urge you to discuss the matter further with an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. As long as you had insurance, this would be covered under your uninsured motorist coverage.

Most important is who made the diagnosis and what care you have sought. The symptoms you describe are usually secondary to long-term nerve impingement in your lumbar and cervical spine. These injuries need to be diagnosed by an orthopaedic doctor. An attorney can guide you through the process.

You may already have damaged your case by delay. Contact a personal injury attorney to discuss this in person or by telephone ASAP.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


Sorry to be so direct and blunt, but if you have not retained, or at least consulted with, a qualified personal injury lawyer, then you have done yourself a disservice and played into the trap laid by the insurance industry for the unwary. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You should contact a local personal injury attorney about making a claim for uninsured motorist (UM) benefits under your own auto insurance policy if you have that coverage. Good luck.


It may be worth it. Does the doctor say that the symptoms you are having are related to your accident? Also, if you bring a claim it will be against your own insurance company because the other driver did not have insurance. Check your policy and make sure you have uninsured motorist coverage. If so, speak with a local personal injury attorney asap.


If the other driver was uninsured and you suffered damages for which you were treated, then you can bring a claim under you UM portion of your insurance policy. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


If you do not have UM coverage you might be out of luck anyway. Have you gone to the doctor to get checked out ?


I agree with many of the others - contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.


Why not immediately consult a local personal injury attorney - most will offer a free consultation & if they accept your case will handle it on a contingency fee basis (no recovery, no fee)

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


I would certainly contact an experience Personal Injury attorney and it will be important to know whether you have UM/UIM Benefits under your insurance policy. My office provides FREE CONSULTATIONS and I can be reached at 317-608-5795.


At least get a consultation with a local personal injury lawyer, and go from there.


You definitely need to consult with an attorney. Good luck.


In Indiana, we have a 2 year statute of limitation. Will a physician state that the restless leg issue was caused by this accident? Thank you.


You can pursue an insurance claim under your insurance policy if you had uninsured motorist coverage. You are best served by either contacting your own insurance company to get this answer or speak to an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you. Good luck

Chris Wyant Attorney at Law Brown Tompkins Lory & Mastrian 608 East Market Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 317-631-6866 phone 317-685-2329 fax

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer