I was in a car accident a month ago how do i find a lawyer?

Rogers, AR |

my aunt and i were in the car stopped turning left and someone wasnt paing attention and rearended me it was 100% his fault the chiropractor i was sent to said i should get a lawyer

Good question. For me, I always suggest asking those you trust and respect for recommendations. Interview a few. Look to hire the one you are most comfortable with and confident in. Also, Avvo is a good source. Call your state's trial lawyers association. Search justice.org
You want someone qualified in personal injury litigation. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

You can click the "Find Lawyer" button on AVVO, put in personal injury attorney and look for an attorney in your locale. You can also call your State's Bar Association and ask for several names in your community. Good luck.

Yes, you should consult a lawyer now. Most consultations are free. Who sent you to a chiropractor? It sounds as if someone associated with the chiropractor may have solicited your business. Please call if you wish to discuss.

There are many good local firms that handle these matters. We do as well so please feel free to give us a call.

This response should not be constued as legal advice on how to proceed as our firm does not have enough information to analyze the claim. Further, until we are in an attorney/client relationship we generally do not give specific legal advice.

i want you to help me you helped me with my divorce last year

This website is as good a place as any to research and find a good personal injury lawyer. You can also do a google search for lawyers in your vicinity. Online reviews by prior clients may give you some help in determining who to hire as your attorney.

Generally speaking, injury victims who retain the services of an injury lawyer recover more than folks who do not. The previous answers are all good suggestions of how to find one.

This communication is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship.

There are plenty of good attorneys in Arizona that you can find on this site. Ultimately, there are several good ones willing to handle your case, but you should find one that you're most comfortable with.

Farid Yaghoubtil is an attorney at Downtown L.A. Law Group - 1850 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021. (855)385-2529.

Rick E Woods

Rick E Woods

Arizona is AZ, Arkansas is AR.

Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool, or retain one of the lawyers in your state above.

Auto accident claimants who have a lawyer receive substantially more than unrepresented claimants. In some cases, unrepresented injury claimants can take actions or fail to take actions which can hurt their case. In all cases, preservation of evidence from the scene, property damage, photos of injuries and damage, immediate initial consultations with well qualified doctors, and in various other aspect of the case, an attorney can provide crucial assistance. Google a local car accident attorney and get the peace of mind you need.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.

You should consult an attorney immediately. If you need guidance you may call.

There are a number of ways to find a competent attorney. As others have posted, AVVO is a good tool, as is Martindale Hubbell and also word of mouth. You should find an attorney that only handles the type of case that you need representation. There are a lot of attorneys that try to do car wreck cases, along with divorces, criminal law, business law, and anything else that comes through their door. While they may be competent, I would recommend getting an attorney that handles your type of case every single day.

If you would like to discuss your case, my law firm is a personal injury law firm who only handles cases involving people who were injured due to the negligent acts of another person. Good luck to you.

I am not licensed to practice law in your State and am not familiar with the laws applicable in your State. You need to contact an attorney licensed in your State to get a true answer to your problem. Advice on this forum is for informational purposes only and should never be mistaken as a substitute for legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, you should consult local legal counsel

Make sure that you get an attorney who only handles personal injury claims. Too many attorneys try to handle too many types of cases. Stick with someone who specializes in personal injury. You need to also find an attorney who offers you a discounted attorney fee if the attorney can settle the case without having to file a lawsuit. As an example, our firm charges a 29% fee for cases that don't require a lawsuit. This discounted fee puts more money in your pocket. You should also look for an attorney with years of experience handling personal injury and car accident claims. Look at web sites for more information than you can get from a 30 second television advertisement.
My Blog (see below) has a great article i wrote bout why attorneys should only charge a 29% fee. You might find it useful to read before you hire an attorney. Good luck.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 for a FREE CONSULTATION with an attorney. We look forward to discussing your case in more detail.

Was your Aunt hurt also? If so, it may be best for both of you to hire the same lawyer to represent you. You will need to give your lawyer the contact information for your chiropractor and any other medical providers, a copy of your police report, your auto insurance policy, photographs of the car damage, the repair estimate, and so forth.

By hiring a lawyer to represent you both, chances are you will recover more money from the driver's insurance policy than if you pursued a claim without the benefit of legal counsel.

You can read the posts on Avvo or another search engine website to find a lawyer you feel comfortable with handling your case.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Finding the right attorney is an important decision that can greatly impact your case. With all the advertising on television and other sources, it can be difficult to determine who is really an expert in this area of the law (Personal Injury) and who is not. Many attorneys advertise that they handle personal injury cases. Yet, in truth, many of these advertising attorneys are not skilled in this specialty and will not go to court.

Although she does not practice in your state, Seattle attorney Karen Koehler is on Avvo and wrote a great legal guide which provided 10 helpful tips on choosing the right personal injury attorney. If you are trying to locate an attorney in your community who can handle your personal injury case with skill and dedication, I would urge you to read her advice. I have attached the link for you.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than legal services performed by other lawyers.