I was in a car accident (rear ended) and my wife and kids were involved I went to the chiropractic for

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

six months and the bill was sent but they are refusing to pay anything to the kids because to them they were not injured one of them is 2years and the other 5 what can I do?

1. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

10

1

Answered . You could hire a personal injury attorney to try to present the claim on behalf of you and the children.

2. Gabriel Phillip Moorman

10

1

Answered . you should contact a personal injury attorney in your area.

3. Kevin Coluccio

8

Answered . You should consult with a personal injury attorney. The attorney can review the issues and share the best approach.

4. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

5

Answered . When arguing to get compensation from an insurance company for physical injuries as result of a motor vehicle accident, medical examination notes and documentation a of injuries are what one would generally use to evidence the body parts involved and the extent of injuries. When an attorney makes a demand for such compensation, the demand letter will reference the medical records. The demand will also factor in future medical costs, among other things. If one just demand money for himself, herself, or his or her kids, by saying he or she or the kids were hurt, he or she should expect resistance from the insurance company. Nothing sends the message of "here's the claim to save money on" better than a person making unsubstantiated demands and doing so without having an attorney.

-Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Hire an attorney to fight this case for you. Best of luck.

6. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

4

Answered . Absolutely get an attorney. There can be many issues that affect how the insurance carrier is looking at your claim. For example if there is very minimal property damage to your vehicle they will take the position of no injury. children usually do not get very good settlements in routine type car accidents - generally $250 - $1,500. Please feel free to contact our office for a no cost consultation and I will be happy to discuss your situation in more detail. 1-800-809-8848

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.