I was in a auto accident in New York. Other carrier Allstate. I was T-boned. Other driver totally at faulted.

Jordan, NY |

Had surgery c5-7. Still in rehab. Frozen right shoulder, and head tremors from hitting the window. Demand package sent 95 days ago, no response as of yet from Allstate. Should I put pressure on my attorney, or be patient?

Pressure to do what, settle the case before you know the outcome of your rehab? Quite frankly it sounds as though a demand package was premature unless the coverage available is limited. I think a sit down with your attorney is in order.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

The only reason to send out a demand while still in rehab is because of a limited policy. Sadly, 95 days is not unheard of, particularly for allstate, and particularly since you are still treating. Ask your attorney how often they contact the adjuster and why the delay, I'm sure your attorney is just as frustrated as you are.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

There must have been a good reason for you to hire your attorney. Be patient and let him/her do their job. If you have a serious injury, it is best not to rush it. Sometimes it takes a while to get answer. Your attorney will notify you as soon as he/she receives an offer. Good luck.

Is the case in suit? Allstate usually will not jump to settle a case fairly in the best of circumstances. You should be patient because it doesn't sound like you know how bad you are injured yet. What are the policy limits?

You can put pressure on your attorney to commence an action against the defendant. Being that the insurance carrier for the defendant is Allstate, they tend to be very very slow in settling cases even in cases like yours where your injuries are quite serious and you may have good liability. You can give it more time if you want or you can move forward.
Whether or not Allstate decides to settle quickly will also depend on how much insurance coverage the other driver has. The more insurance coverage he has the longer Allstate will take to resolve your matter. Please keep this in mind.

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship.

What's the coverage? Is the case in suit? Do you have applicable sum coverage? You need to speak with your lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

What's the rush? Trust your attorney - that is what you are paying him for. Never good to look too anxious to insurance adjusters - I know, I used to train them.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Yes and yes

Allstate will do what they always do... employ the three D's. Deny, Delay and Defend. Depending on the size of the policy, be prepared to try your case. They will have some doctor testify that all your spinal issues are pre-existing.

My firm is a second generation family firm successfully handling personal injury and medical malpractice cases for over 35 years. "Let Our Family Help Your Family" www.kileylawfirm.com 516 466-7900

Speak with your attorney. If it is put in suit, then the case moves along. All state is slow. Speak with your lawyer about underinsurance coverage and if it is applicable,

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Have your lawyer file suit