I was in a auto accident and got a cervical sprain and a lower lumbar sprain, aslo my pelvic bone was shifted out of place.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Latrobe, PA

should i get an attorney? i recieve workmans comp for the medical .

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alan Jay Dion

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you think the accident was the fault of the other driver, yes, consult a lawyer in your area. The Workman's Comp. insurer does not pay pain and suffering an will want to assert a lien in your case to collect back what they pay you so unless the lawyer you consult thinks the case will be worthwhile, you may not find lawyers eager to take your case. Pelvic bone shifted out of place doesn't sound like a medical diagnosis. You should seek advice but don't be surprised if you don't find a lawyer who wants to take a case like yours on a contingent fee basis. On the other hand, there are lawyers who will take any case and try to build it up into something worthwhile.
    I could give a more precise answer if you provide more facts, like how the accident happened, how big a wreck it was, how long you've been out of work, if you are out of work.

    This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or... more
  2. Andrew Joseph Edelberg

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get a,lawyer yesterday! Someone who knows,workers,compensation and personal injury law. I handle these matters and would be happy to speak with you for as long as ne essary and free of charge if your accident occurred here in pa. Good luck. I hope to hear from you.

  3. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the question is, whether you should get an attorney or try to handle the accident case yourself, the answer is, yes, you should get an attorney. If you are unrepresented, the insurance company will take advantage of you in any way they can.

    Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to... more
  4. Michael Ryan Juarez

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the attorney above. You should retain an attorney. Most to all attorneys will handle your case on a contingency basis, meaning you have to pay him or her nothing up front because their fee comes out of the settlement or judgment.

    -Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,916 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,916 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering