I was in a auto accident and got a cervical sprain and a lower lumbar sprain, aslo my pelvic bone was shifted out of place.

Latrobe, PA |

should i get an attorney? i recieve workmans comp for the medical .

If the question is, whether you should get an attorney or try to handle the accident case yourself, the answer is, yes, you should get an attorney. If you are unrepresented, the insurance company will take advantage of you in any way they can.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

I agree with the attorney above. You should retain an attorney. Most to all attorneys will handle your case on a contingency basis, meaning you have to pay him or her nothing up front because their fee comes out of the settlement or judgment.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

If you think the accident was the fault of the other driver, yes, consult a lawyer in your area. The Workman's Comp. insurer does not pay pain and suffering an will want to assert a lien in your case to collect back what they pay you so unless the lawyer you consult thinks the case will be worthwhile, you may not find lawyers eager to take your case. Pelvic bone shifted out of place doesn't sound like a medical diagnosis. You should seek advice but don't be surprised if you don't find a lawyer who wants to take a case like yours on a contingent fee basis. On the other hand, there are lawyers who will take any case and try to build it up into something worthwhile.
I could give a more precise answer if you provide more facts, like how the accident happened, how big a wreck it was, how long you've been out of work, if you are out of work.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or use of the answer for any illegal purpose is not the responsibility of the writer. The answer to any question in the Avvo website is constrained by the limited content of the question, an incomplete description of the facts underlying the question or a wrongful motivation for the question.

Get a,lawyer yesterday! Someone who knows,workers,compensation and personal injury law. I handle these matters and would be happy to speak with you for as long as ne essary and free of charge if your accident occurred here in pa. Good luck. I hope to hear from you.

Recommended articles about Personal injury