Skip to main content

I was in a 35mph zone. A new officer said I was in the 30. He wrote where I was stopped not where he radared me

Peterborough, NH |

50 feet before the 30 mph sign I hit my break. Simultaneously, the officer going the opposite direction (likely saw me tap my break) turned around and pulled me over. I was going with the flow of traffic. He said I was doing 52 on the ticket but wrote 50mph as the charge to help me. However I was truly in the 35 mph zone. The 30 zone was 50 feet ahead. He also wrote my car was blk and it is blue. He has only been in town since Jan 2013. He worked one town over for a year and prior he was brand new. Is this something I should fight. Thank You very much!!

Attorney Answers 1


You should always fight traffic tickets, don't simply send in your fine. At least calendar the matter for court. At that court appearance you will likely be offered something by the court in terms of reduced charge or fine. You also have the option of going to trial. Your best bet is to hire a local traffic attorney, who has the best chance of having your case dismissed. Best of luck.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics