I was hurt on the job and my employer doesn't offer light duty nor do they pay while im out on the injury. what are my options?

Asked 9 months ago - Baltimore, MD

i am a armed truck tech and i was hurt by a armed truck door on my shoulder. i was told to go to the clinic to get the arm looked over but was also pulled into the managers office to be told that if i do claim hurt as soon as a doctor puts a restriction on me i cant work at all, because my employer doesn't offer "light duty". i was not injured doing something i wasn't suppose to do i was injured by company equipment being defective.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Scott R. Scherr

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should file a workers' compensation claim where you would be entitled to payment of your medical bills, temporary total disability which is equal to 2/3 of your average weekly wage while you are out of work, compensation for your permanent disability, among other benefits. Consult with a workers' compensation attorney.

    This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client... more
  2. Lewis Maurice Silber


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should contact an experienced worker's compensation and/or a personal injury attorney at once to explore your options.

  3. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I don't practice law in your state, so this is a general statement: When your employer has no light duty for you, you should be getting "TTD" or temporary total disability payments for your wage loss, from their insurance company. If you are not, then it is time to find a workers' comp lawyer to help you get your claim established and paid. Good luck.

    This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free... more

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,567 answers this week

3,387 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,567 answers this week

3,387 attorneys answering