I was hurt on the job and my employer doesn't offer light duty nor do they pay while im out on the injury. what are my options?

Asked 10 months ago - Baltimore, MD

i am a armed truck tech and i was hurt by a armed truck door on my shoulder. i was told to go to the clinic to get the arm looked over but was also pulled into the managers office to be told that if i do claim hurt as soon as a doctor puts a restriction on me i cant work at all, because my employer doesn't offer "light duty". i was not injured doing something i wasn't suppose to do i was injured by company equipment being defective.

1. 3

Answered . You should file a workers' compensation claim where you would be entitled to payment of your medical bills, temporary total disability which is equal to 2/3 of your average weekly wage while you are out of work, compensation for your permanent disability, among other benefits. Consult with a workers' compensation attorney.

2. 2

Answered . You should contact an experienced worker's compensation and/or a personal injury attorney at once to explore your options.

3. 1

Answered . I don't practice law in your state, so this is a general statement: When your employer has no light duty for you, you should be getting "TTD" or temporary total disability payments for your wage loss, from their insurance company. If you are not, then it is time to find a workers' comp lawyer to help you get your claim established and paid. Good luck.