I was hurt on my job went to get medical attention and when i came back to work the same day i was fiered

Asked over 2 years ago - Statesville, NC

i was told that i was fiered because i was goingg to call OSHA, and the enviormental people because of thing that were going on at the work place

1. David B. Puryear Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . If you were terminated because of your injured status, or because you had given your employer reason to know that you were going to make a legitimate complaint to either OSHA, NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, or the US EPA, you may bring a lawsuit for wrongful termination under state common law and the North Carolina Retaliatory Discrimination Act, and whistleblower retaliation complaints under the federal OSH and environmental laws. You also have potential causes of action under both the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. There are very short time frames in which you have to file these cases (some of these laws require filing within 30 days of the date you were fired). You definitely need to consult immediately with a qualified employment law attorney about your situation.

2. Kirk J. Angel

Pro

Answered . I agree with Attorney Puryear. This information suggests that you may have been terminated unlawfully. You should contact an experienced employment attorney immediately.