Skip to main content

I was hurt on my job went to get medical attention and when i came back to work the same day i was fiered

Statesville, NC |

i was told that i was fiered because i was goingg to call OSHA, and the enviormental people because of thing that were going on at the work place

Attorney Answers 2


If you were terminated because of your injured status, or because you had given your employer reason to know that you were going to make a legitimate complaint to either OSHA, NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, or the US EPA, you may bring a lawsuit for wrongful termination under state common law and the North Carolina Retaliatory Discrimination Act, and whistleblower retaliation complaints under the federal OSH and environmental laws. You also have potential causes of action under both the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. There are very short time frames in which you have to file these cases (some of these laws require filing within 30 days of the date you were fired). You definitely need to consult immediately with a qualified employment law attorney about your situation.

David Puryear is an employment attorney licensed in North Carolina with 29 years experience representing employees in employment law matters. He also accepts cases on behalf of employers. The answers provided here are for general public service information only and are not intended as legal advice in a specific case or the practice of law in any jurisdiction other than North Carolina. You should consult with an experienced employment attorney near you to receive legal advice about your personal situation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with Attorney Puryear. This information suggests that you may have been terminated unlawfully. You should contact an experienced employment attorney immediately.

Kirk J. Angel is an experienced North Carolina licensed attorney who focuses his practice on employment law. Mr. Angel, who has focused on employment law for more than 15 years, represents clients throughout North Carolina and more information about him is available at This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer in your state who practices in the appropriate area.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics