I was hurt last week in vegas by security at a hotel/casino. Iam in the process of hiring a lawyer on contingency.

I was injuried, and im in pain right now after coming back home to NY after leaving Vegas. I went to hospital for knee, neck, back and shoulder pain and wrist and facial contusions. My question is... I really want to go see specialists for my knee, my neck, and my back pain. I have been looking up the symptoms for what I feel right and they are associated with a torn meniscus in the knee, possible torn rotator cuff in shoulder, neck pain could be anything from sore to slip disc. Should I go to work and just fight through the pain? Or should I realistically just tell them what happened and go to doctors? And what if the doctors say working in my field will just make it worse? Disability pays NOTHING each week...how to go about this?

Patchogue, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

Whether you should work or not is a medical question not a legal question. Retain a lawyer asap.

Robert L. Brenna Jr.

Robert L. Brenna Jr.

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rochester, NY

Unfortunately you have to decide what is most important in a difficult situation. For medical reasons, not just for legal reasons, you should see a doctor immediately have a full diagnostic workup. Sometimes medical conditions will not resolve correctly if they're not diagnosed and treated immediately. Additionally, from a legal standpoint you need to document everything as soon as possible b Failure to do some Oberrender you suspect in the defense insurance industry will claim everything you say is fabricated if it is not documented properly and worked up immediately by competent medical personnel in various specialties. Best wishes in this difficult situation. I think you should make sure you contact and retain an attorney who is greatly experienced in this area as soon as possible.
Best of luck in this difficult situation.
Bob Brenna Jr
Brenna Brenna and Boyce P LLC
Rochester New York

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Personal Injury Lawyer - Poughkeepsie, NY

Your Vegas affinity is apparent since you are gambling with your health in trying to figure the odds of treatment versus a potential lawsuit. First things first....go see the MDs. Once you have a good handle on the injuries, see a PI attorney to assess your case. The attorney will be able to deal with your injuries and the law and that is not your concern. Nevada has, I believe, a 2 year statute of limitations which you can confirm with the Nevada attorney you consult about your case. Without any medical diagnoses, absent a missing limb or similar catastrophic and apparent injury, most PI attorneys will request you meet after you have had medical treatment and at least a prognosis.

Edward Papa

Edward Papa

Personal Injury Lawyer - Newburgh, NY

Contact a local personal injury attorney right away. Long Island has some very good personal injury attorneys.

David Ian Schoen

David Ian Schoen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Windsor, VT

Something doesn't sound right. You claim all of these injuries, but you haven't even sought any treatment yet. You are self diagnosing? What is the question?

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

If you're injured see a doctor or go to a hospital right away.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

You should see a doctor first. The MRI's will show if the knew and rotator cuff tears are new or whether they are preexisting.

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

Obtain any necessary medical care & immediately consult a local Vegas personal injury attorney

Related Advice