I was hurt last week in vegas by security at a hotel/casino. Iam in the process of hiring a lawyer on contingency.

Patchogue, NY |

I was injuried, and im in pain right now after coming back home to NY after leaving Vegas. I went to hospital for knee, neck, back and shoulder pain and wrist and facial contusions. My question is... I really want to go see specialists for my knee, my neck, and my back pain. I have been looking up the symptoms for what I feel right and they are associated with a torn meniscus in the knee, possible torn rotator cuff in shoulder, neck pain could be anything from sore to slip disc. Should I go to work and just fight through the pain? Or should I realistically just tell them what happened and go to doctors? And what if the doctors say working in my field will just make it worse? Disability pays NOTHING each week...how to go about this?

1. Whether you should work or not is a medical question not a legal question. Retain a lawyer asap.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Unfortunately you have to decide what is most important in a difficult situation. For medical reasons, not just for legal reasons, you should see a doctor immediately have a full diagnostic workup. Sometimes medical conditions will not resolve correctly if they're not diagnosed and treated immediately. Additionally, from a legal standpoint you need to document everything as soon as possible b Failure to do some Oberrender you suspect in the defense insurance industry will claim everything you say is fabricated if it is not documented properly and worked up immediately by competent medical personnel in various specialties. Best wishes in this difficult situation. I think you should make sure you contact and retain an attorney who is greatly experienced in this area as soon as possible.
    Best of luck in this difficult situation.
    Bob Brenna Jr
    Brenna Brenna and Boyce P LLC
    Rochester New York

Bob, Robert L. Brenna, Jr. No relationship is intended, agreed upon or accepted by answering this general question Brenna Brenna and Boyce PLLC Rochester, New York brenna@brennalaw.com

3. Obtain any necessary medical care & immediately consult a local Vegas personal injury attorney

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

4. Contact a local personal injury attorney right away. Long Island has some very good personal injury attorneys.

Legal disclaimer: Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the State of New York only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to NY State. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

5. Something doesn't sound right. You claim all of these injuries, but you haven't even sought any treatment yet. You are self diagnosing? What is the question?

6. If you're injured see a doctor or go to a hospital right away.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

7. You should see a doctor first. The MRI's will show if the knew and rotator cuff tears are new or whether they are preexisting.

8. Your Vegas affinity is apparent since you are gambling with your health in trying to figure the odds of treatment versus a potential lawsuit. First things first....go see the MDs. Once you have a good handle on the injuries, see a PI attorney to assess your case. The attorney will be able to deal with your injuries and the law and that is not your concern. Nevada has, I believe, a 2 year statute of limitations which you can confirm with the Nevada attorney you consult about your case. Without any medical diagnoses, absent a missing limb or similar catastrophic and apparent injury, most PI attorneys will request you meet after you have had medical treatment and at least a prognosis.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.