Skip to main content

I was hurt in a accident should I sue

Bellingham, WA |

somebody ran red light

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You have the right to compensation for your injuries, and you should pursue a claim. A lawsuit may not be necessary if negotiations are succesful. I encourage you to seek a free consultation with a Plaintiffs lawyer and get immediate medical treatment for your injuries.


Were you injured? If so, go see a doctor, first and foremost. You have three years to resolve a personal injury claim or file and serve a lawsuit. Gather all the information you can now, including witness's contact information, photographs of the car damage and of the scene of the accident. Contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. You need to cooperate with your own insurance company.

You will probably be contacted by the other party's insurance company because they have to investigate the collision. Talk to them, but do NOT let them record you. You are probably still in a daze and in shock of what happened. You do not have the same duty of cooperation with them as you do with own insurance company.

The best to you and hopefully everything will resolve quickly.


We all buy insurance just in case we make mistakes. (Also, its the law) An accident is just that--someone made a mistake, while driving. I would look into making a claim. If the other driver is insured, that is what the insurance is there for. Best of luck


You have the legal right to compensation. Please contact a local attorney.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at www. I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


It depends on many factors. If you were injured, you should get proper medical treatment and consult with a local attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab. I know there are lots of good personal injury attorneys in the Bellingham area.


If you were injured, you can retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. If not, you can leave it to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You have given us enough information only to know you have a good faith reason to talk with an injury lawyer. This starts the process. To sue or not to sue requires more info, but to see a lawyer or not to see a lawyer is a no- brainer. Get thee to an injury lawyer.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer