I was hurt in a accident should I sue

Asked over 1 year ago - Bellingham, WA

somebody ran red light

1. Crystal Grace Rutherford

Pro

11

Answered . Were you injured? If so, go see a doctor, first and foremost. You have three years to resolve a personal injury claim or file and serve a lawsuit. Gather all the information you can now, including witness's contact information, photographs of the car damage and of the scene of the accident. Contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. You need to cooperate with your own insurance company.

You will probably be contacted by the other party's insurance company because they have to investigate the collision. Talk to them, but do NOT let them record you. You are probably still in a daze and in shock of what happened. You do not have the same duty of cooperation with them as you do with own insurance company.

The best to you and hopefully everything will resolve quickly.

2. Bryan Daniel Doran

10

Answered . You have the right to compensation for your injuries, and you should pursue a claim. A lawsuit may not be necessary if negotiations are succesful. I encourage you to seek a free consultation with a Plaintiffs lawyer and get immediate medical treatment for your injuries.

3. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . It depends on many factors. If you were injured, you should get proper medical treatment and consult with a local attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab. I know there are lots of good personal injury attorneys in the Bellingham area.

Pro

7

Answered . If you were injured, you can retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. If not, you can leave it to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Glenn Tadaomi Honda Jr.

5

Answered . We all buy insurance just in case we make mistakes. (Also, its the law) An accident is just that--someone made a mistake, while driving. I would look into making a claim. If the other driver is insured, that is what the insurance is there for. Best of luck

6. Michael Shemtoub

5

Answered . You have the legal right to compensation. Please contact a local attorney.

7. Charles A. Donahue

1

Answered . You have given us enough information only to know you have a good faith reason to talk with an injury lawyer. This starts the process. To sue or not to sue requires more info, but to see a lawyer or not to see a lawyer is a no- brainer. Get thee to an injury lawyer.