I was hurt by a police officer and now I'm about to lose my job what should I do

Asked 11 months ago - Perth Amboy, NJ

My time for temporary disability almost up

1. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with the answer of my distinguished colleague. You need to retain a personal injury or worker's compensation attorney. Good luck!

2. Douglas Wayne Jones Jr

5

Answered . Answer: You need to speak with an attorney as more facts are needed to answer your question.

Explanation: You posted this question in the workers' compensation section. Therefore, if I presume you were injured while working, you would be entitled to workers' compensation benefits both temporary and permanent. However, in your facts you indicate that your temporary disability is almost up. This leads me to believe that you may not have been injured while working, or if so, you didn't report it to your employer. Regardless of what situation you have, you need to speak to a personal injury and workers compensation attorney who can provide further guidance in this situation. If you have further questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact my Firm.

3. John M Connell

Pro

4

Answered . Talk to a workers compensation atty if you were working when it happened. Call a personal injury atty if it is not work related.

4. Timothy J Broking

2

Answered . I agree with the answers already posted. How did the police officer injure you? Were you working and in the coarse of your employment when the incident happened? Did you already file a workers compensation claim and now your employer is retaliating against you? If you were receiving temporary disability benefits through comp then did the doctors give you the go ahead to return to work? Have you had a functional capacity exam that determined you are no longer physically capable of performing your job duties?
    You should rephrase your question with more facts.