Skip to main content

I was hurt by a police officer and now I'm about to lose my job what should I do

Perth Amboy, NJ |

My time for temporary disability almost up

Attorney Answers 4


Talk to a workers compensation atty if you were working when it happened. Call a personal injury atty if it is not work related.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I agree with the answer of my distinguished colleague. You need to retain a personal injury or worker's compensation attorney. Good luck!

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Answer: You need to speak with an attorney as more facts are needed to answer your question.

Explanation: You posted this question in the workers' compensation section. Therefore, if I presume you were injured while working, you would be entitled to workers' compensation benefits both temporary and permanent. However, in your facts you indicate that your temporary disability is almost up. This leads me to believe that you may not have been injured while working, or if so, you didn't report it to your employer. Regardless of what situation you have, you need to speak to a personal injury and workers compensation attorney who can provide further guidance in this situation. If you have further questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact my Firm.

Please be advised that the information provided in this answer is for general informational purposes only. While we strive to ensure that the information is accurate, without knowledge of all of the facts of a particular matter, this Firm's information and answers are not guaranteed. Further, the Law Firm's answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need further advice or wish to retain our Firm, please contact us by e-mail or phone.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


I agree with the answers already posted. How did the police officer injure you? Were you working and in the coarse of your employment when the incident happened? Did you already file a workers compensation claim and now your employer is retaliating against you? If you were receiving temporary disability benefits through comp then did the doctors give you the go ahead to return to work? Have you had a functional capacity exam that determined you are no longer physically capable of performing your job duties?
You should rephrase your question with more facts.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics