I was hit from behind my harley motorcycle 3 weeks ago didnt hire attorney insurance company giving me bad time is it too late

Asked over 1 year ago - Ontario, CA

i was hit from behind on my harley davidson my bike was put into storage i was told ther person that hit me insurance has to take care of it i didnt hire a attorney because i fgured everthing would be taken care of the other person that hit me insurance is giving me a bad time wont pay for storage or have bike examined more thouroughly can i still get an attorney 3 weeks later

1. James Michael Bergener

Pro

11

Answered . There is absolutely still time. Hopefully you haven't signed any waivers or release forms to the at-fault party's insurance carrier. Storage for your bike and rental services in the interim should be handled promptly by the insurer through the liability coverage. However, as you have now experienced first-hand, insurance companies are all about minimizing their costs. They don't want to pay you out a large sum, and they don't want to make anything easy if you're adamant on getting what you deserve. If you hire an attorney right away, you will stand to receive significantly more compensation. Many of the attorneys at my firm are riders themselves, feel free to contact me or another licensed California personal injury attorney on Avvo. We hold free consultations and case evaluations, and lay out all the options for you.

2. Steven Mark Sweat

10

Answered . Yes. You can hire an attorney and should if you sustained injuries in the accident. Insurance companies do NOT pay willingly! Our office routinely handles motorcycle accident claims.
    http://www.victimslawyer.com/motorcycle-accidents/

3. Malosack Berjis

10

Answered . As all of my colleagues have already indicated, it's not too late.

4. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian

10

Answered . No, fellow Harley rider, it's not too late to bring a case. For California personal injury cases, the statute of limitations (deadline to sue) is two years from the accident date (unless you were hurt by a government actor in which case you'd need to make a "claim" within 6 months) and three years for a property damage action. It's standard for insurance adjusters to give unrepresented people the run-around, so I'm not surprised. Hire an attorney right away because there's lots to do to optimize the case and your treatment if you were injured. Happy to help fellow riders!

5. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

10

Answered . When someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident (especially a "rear ender" which means liability is pretty much a given... And it is not the one who gets rear ended), he or she should get immediate medical attention. Then, hire a personal injury attorney. If the accident was not a rear ender, the attorney will advise on fault and liability.

When someone is injured, he or she should only be concerned with getting better, attending doctor visits, attending physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will handle the rest... Figuring out who to sue, whether insurance covers the accident, whose insurance should cover, etc.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

6. David Vincent Hiden

Pro

9

Answered . Yes, you can get an attorney still and should get one immediately. If you want, give me a call for a free consultation - we, like all attorneys, do this on a contingency fee basis meaning no fees are paid until we win at trial or obtain a settlement. Tx and good luck. Dave Hiden 619 296 5884.

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

9

Answered . It is not too late to consult with an attorney and hire him or her for future representation. I have over 20 years of experience fighting for my clients' rights to fair and deserving compensation. I have included some links below to show you my long standing history representing clients with motorcycle accidents. I would be more than willing to discuss your options with you. Best of luck.
    (310) 207-4030

8. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

9

Answered . Yes and you should. If you want a more thorough and specific consultation please give us a call at 1-800-809-8848.

9. Michael Shemtoub

8

Answered . Yes you can and should! With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body and your property; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case!

I've handled many of these cases and wouldn't mind speaking to you.

10. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . Yes - contact a lawyer right away.

Pro

9

Answered . It is not too late. Call one of the above distinguished attorneys in your state, or use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

One or more answers have been taken down.