I was hit from behind my harley motorcycle 3 weeks ago didnt hire attorney insurance company giving me bad time is it too late

Ontario, CA |

i was hit from behind on my harley davidson my bike was put into storage i was told ther person that hit me insurance has to take care of it i didnt hire a attorney because i fgured everthing would be taken care of the other person that hit me insurance is giving me a bad time wont pay for storage or have bike examined more thouroughly can i still get an attorney 3 weeks later

Yes, you can get an attorney still and should get one immediately. If you want, give me a call for a free consultation - we, like all attorneys, do this on a contingency fee basis meaning no fees are paid until we win at trial or obtain a settlement. Tx and good luck. Dave Hiden 619 296 5884.

Legal disclaimer: Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of the law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for adviceThis response does not constitute or make an attorney-client relationship as it is made for general purposes; answering attorney does not possess enough information to inform recipient of the applicable statute of limitations. You may also contact Mr. Hiden at (619) 296-5884 or by email at "dhiden@hrollp.com"

Yes you can and should! With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body and your property; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case!

I've handled many of these cases and wouldn't mind speaking to you.

View my website & call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPi.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Most of us, including myself, charge no upfront fees until your case is resolved.

Yes. You can hire an attorney and should if you sustained injuries in the accident. Insurance companies do NOT pay willingly! Our office routinely handles motorcycle accident claims.
http://www.victimslawyer.com/motorcycle-accidents/

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

There is absolutely still time. Hopefully you haven't signed any waivers or release forms to the at-fault party's insurance carrier. Storage for your bike and rental services in the interim should be handled promptly by the insurer through the liability coverage. However, as you have now experienced first-hand, insurance companies are all about minimizing their costs. They don't want to pay you out a large sum, and they don't want to make anything easy if you're adamant on getting what you deserve. If you hire an attorney right away, you will stand to receive significantly more compensation. Many of the attorneys at my firm are riders themselves, feel free to contact me or another licensed California personal injury attorney on Avvo. We hold free consultations and case evaluations, and lay out all the options for you.

The information provided here is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. Transmission of information via this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient, nor is it intended to do so. The content provided does not create any warranty, express or implied. Hiring a lawyer to represent you is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising.

As all of my colleagues have already indicated, it's not too late.

This attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

Yes - contact a lawyer right away.

No, fellow Harley rider, it's not too late to bring a case. For California personal injury cases, the statute of limitations (deadline to sue) is two years from the accident date (unless you were hurt by a government actor in which case you'd need to make a "claim" within 6 months) and three years for a property damage action. It's standard for insurance adjusters to give unrepresented people the run-around, so I'm not surprised. Hire an attorney right away because there's lots to do to optimize the case and your treatment if you were injured. Happy to help fellow riders!

When someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident (especially a "rear ender" which means liability is pretty much a given... And it is not the one who gets rear ended), he or she should get immediate medical attention. Then, hire a personal injury attorney. If the accident was not a rear ender, the attorney will advise on fault and liability.

When someone is injured, he or she should only be concerned with getting better, attending doctor visits, attending physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will handle the rest... Figuring out who to sue, whether insurance covers the accident, whose insurance should cover, etc.

Fortunately, most of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

It is not too late to consult with an attorney and hire him or her for future representation. I have over 20 years of experience fighting for my clients' rights to fair and deserving compensation. I have included some links below to show you my long standing history representing clients with motorcycle accidents. I would be more than willing to discuss your options with you. Best of luck.
(310) 207-4030

Yes and you should. If you want a more thorough and specific consultation please give us a call at 1-800-809-8848.

It is not too late. Call one of the above distinguished attorneys in your state, or use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

Government law topics