I was hit from behind have insurance on the car but I have no drivers license police said it was her fault will her insurance py

Montgomery, TX |

I stopped at a yellow turning red light she hit me from behind pushed me through the light hit me so hard my radio came out back of car heavy damage but I have no license will her insurance cover

Your license status is not relevant to the liability/fault issue. Legally, they should pay. Of course they are ins cos and often must be forced to pay.

Mr. Kopelson gave you a great response. You likely will need the assistance of an attorney to deal with her insurance company. If you were injured you need to get appropriate medical attention and then consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find an attorney in your area to consult with... Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Your best bet is to retain a local attorney to assist you. As my colleagues said, you can find one using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature.

Report this to your insurance, consider consulting with a local attorney, but, to summarize, Mr Kopelson's advice is spot in

It doesn't matter that you don't have a license, so if you were injured, retain a local personal injury lawyer.

You should take care of any medical issues and consult with an attorney in your state. I would not speak with the other driver's insurance company until you have consulted with an attorney. Do not give a statement to the insurance company.

*This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

As my colleagues have suggested, the fact that you do not have a license does not affect the other driver's responsibility for the wreck. Please consult with an attorney who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law as soon as possible. Good luck.

By providing this legal analysis of the issue presented, no attorney/client relationship is being formed. Additionally, attorney is not agreeing to represent the individual who presented the question concerning the legal issue. A signed retainer agreement is required before an attorney /client relationship is established. The analysis provided is meant solely to provide general guidance about the legal issue presented.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury