I was hit by an insured vehicle. I unfortunately do not currently have insurance.

Vincennes, IN |

I was in a parking space and this guy backed into my vehicle. I have significant damage to my 2010 Fusion. My question with me not being insured in the state of Indiana and the driver that hit me being insured in Illinois what kind of issues will I be facing by making a claim with his insurance carrier??
Thank you

Based on the facts presented, your lack of insurance should not have any effect on the claim. I do suggest that you obtain insurance since it is a legal requirement and you also have a recent model vehicle.

2. Get your car insured! That being said, your lack of insurance should have no impact with respect to filing a claim for damages with the other driver's insurance carrier.

3. I am not licensed in Indiana but as a general principle your failure to have insurance should have no effect on your ability to have your damages covered by the negligent driver's insurance carrier.

I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.

4. The insurance company will most likely repair your car. Get insurance, as it is illegal to drive without it.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. I agree with the other answers you received that your lack of insurance should have no impact on resolution of your damages. The other insurance should pay for your auto repairs. Also for your information, if this accident was reported to the police, there is a good chance your driver's license will be suspended as a result of you not having insurance.

6. Your lack of insurance will not be a problem when dealing with the other insurance company. However, you should get insurance. Indiana Code 9-25-4-1 requires you to have insurance or else you can be suspended. If you do get suspended and continue to drive you could get arrested for dirving while suspended which in Indiana is a Class A Misdemeanor or punishible by up to a year in jail. If you think that you won't do jail time for this offense then you are mistaken because I have seen judges give jail time for this offense! The point is get insurance. State Minimum coverage is only $25,000.00 and if you can afford to drive a 2010 then you should be able to afford an insurance premium.

7. You need to seek legal advise of a local car accident attorney in your area.
    Good Luck
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference