I was harassed & asked inappropriate questions by the driving tester while taking my dmv driving test--legally anything i can do

Palos Verdes Estates, CA |
Filed under: Sexual harassment

i was taking my driving test when the dmv driving test started asking me if i had a boyfriend--i laughed it off and said no but then more questions came while i was driving--like if i was 18 which i am---if i like older guys, if my dad would let me date older guys and he kept staring at my chest while i was driving and especially when i had to back up the car. I felt extremely uncomfortable and when i was being graded after we finally came back to the dmv he wouldn't tell me if i passed or not be kept talking about how he liked me and gave me his number---he was in his 40s and used his power to manipulate the situation... I don't know the right place to report this as kept thinking about the other girl who might get in the car with him have go through what i did...

1. Report it to the DMV

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. Good for you for recognizing that this is grossly inappropriate conduct. This should definitely be reported to the DMV. Good luck.

I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.

3. Please report this immediately. If you have any questions, you may contact my office.

4. When you file a complaint against a government employee for actions or omissions that you claim took place in the course and/or scope of his/her supposed work, AND you want to preserve your rights to take legal action against the employee or the agency for which he/she works, there is a necessary and crucial "first step" that you must take pursuant to California law. The law I reference is the Tort Claims Act codified in the Government Code, starting at Section 900. I am providing you with a link to current California Law with this response. Whether you hire me or someone else, I recommend that you take action. You are not this man's first victim, and absent intervention by someone with courage will likely not be his last.

When I respond to a question posted on Avvo, I provide information for a general purpose. In reviewing my answer, you are specifically warned that your use of, or reliance upon any response that I provide would be a bad idea. I do not have all relevant background or facts related to your matter, and am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon any response by me does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us and does not qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose.