I was harassed & asked inappropriate questions by the driving tester while taking my dmv driving test--legally anything i can do

i was taking my driving test when the dmv driving test started asking me if i had a boyfriend--i laughed it off and said no but then more questions came while i was driving--like if i was 18 which i am---if i like older guys, if my dad would let me date older guys and he kept staring at my chest while i was driving and especially when i had to back up the car. I felt extremely uncomfortable and when i was being graded after we finally came back to the dmv he wouldn't tell me if i passed or not be kept talking about how he liked me and gave me his number---he was in his 40s and used his power to manipulate the situation... I don't know the right place to report this as kept thinking about the other girl who might get in the car with him have go through what i did...

Palos Verdes Estates, CA -

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Sexual Harassment Attorney - Lakeway, TX

Report it to the DMV

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Government Attorney - Santa Ana, CA

When you file a complaint against a government employee for actions or omissions that you claim took place in the course and/or scope of his/her supposed work, AND you want to preserve your rights to take legal action against the employee or the agency for which he/she works, there is a necessary and crucial "first step" that you must take pursuant to California law. The law I reference is the Tort Claims Act codified in the Government Code, starting at Section 900. I am providing you with a link to current California Law with this response. Whether you hire me or someone else, I recommend that you take action. You are not this man's first victim, and absent intervention by someone with courage will likely not be his last.

Dave Bahr

Dave Bahr

Litigation Lawyer - Eugene, OR

Good for you for recognizing that this is grossly inappropriate conduct. This should definitely be reported to the DMV. Good luck.

David Michael Fish

David Michael Fish

Employment / Labor Attorney - New York, NY

Please report this immediately. If you have any questions, you may contact my office.

Related Advice