Skip to main content

I was granted withholding, do I qualify for federal financial aid for education through FAFSA?

Kalamazoo, MI |

I was granted withholding of removal, do I qualify for federal educational financial aid through FAFSA.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Hello:

    Thank you for your question. It depends on the nature in which you were granted withholding of removal. If your withholding or suspension was procured under Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), you may be eligible for financial aid. Please note that all individuals under withholding are eligible for aid relating to basic need, such as food aids, and the such.

    You should consult your school administration or an immigration lawyer to guide you through this process.

    Good luck.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Glen Raj Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics