I was granted voluntary departure in 2005 but never leave the country can i apply for deferred action.

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

my cancellation of removal was denied but i was granted voluntary departure in 2005. i appeal the immigration judge decision with the board of immigration appeals. oi 2007 the BOARD OF IMMIGRATION APPEALS denied and dismissed my case. than i appeal with 9 circuit they dismissed my case they gave 60 days to leave the country. i never leave, can i apply for deferred action.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Yes. Definitely you can. But don't attempt to do that alone or with the Legal Aid Society or CHIRLA. A private immigration lawyer is what you need.

2. Sanjay Augustine Paul

1

Answered . As long as you can prove you were here from 2007 to present alongside the other criteria, you should be able to. Consult a qualified lawyer as there is a lot at stake for you here.

Best of luck,

-Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    www.dreamlawca.com
    (888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.
  3. Joanne Marie Fakhre

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should be able to but Deferred Action is a guarantee. Consult with a private immigration attorney to review your case, especially if you have family members that live here who may not qualify.