Skip to main content

I was granted an extension to pay off the remaining balance ($1,100+) of my fees/fines for driving on a suspended license...

Los Angeles, CA |

... after a DUI arrest that was reduced to a wet reckless. What can I do to have that due balance reduced (I've already paid off $400.00 so far) and is there any way I can still get that misdemeanor driving with a suspended license conviction reduced to an infraction?

(I'm in CA, LA County)

Attorney Answers 2


You may consider putting the case on calendar and requesting the fine be converted to community service, although I am not sure what the LA court's position on this is.

You will likely not be able to reduce the misdemeanor to an infraction at this point.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


You cannot get it reduced at this time since you already pled guilty. It is probably too late already. You have to pay the fine indicated.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



Thanks for the reply.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics