Skip to main content

I was granted a modification loan @ my the bank? How do I stop the bankruptcy after the modification?

Chicago, IL |

My bank approved a loan modification, and the other debt was included with the Ch.13 but after all of the monies deducted every two weeks from my check, the other balance does not amount to what they are still deducting out of my check! How do I stop further process, it is also causing me to be short with my new mortgage rate, that the bank has approved for the modification. thanks for any help or information

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    If you no longer want to continue with your Chapter 13 case, then you need to file a motion to dismiss. Generally you have an absolute right to voluntarily dismiss your Chapter 13 case.

  2. You post is hard for me to understand. If you modified your mortgage payment, isn't the new payment less than the old one? How can it make it harder for you to make Plan payments?You can dismiss a Ch 13 by filing a motion. You need to talk to your attorney about this situation.

  3. Talk with your lawyer about your options of conversion or dismissal.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics