Skip to main content

I was given my home in a divorce settlement but now it is in foreclosure can I quit claim the deed to my husband who is an activ

Tampa, FL |

My home which is in my name only is now in foreclosure but the loan is in my name and my ex-husband's name. The bank sent notice of a non jury trial. Can I quit claim the deed to my husband who is an active duty military member. The house has been up for sale since May and we have reduced the price twice since then, we are making every effort to sell the home and pay off the loan. Will signing the deed over buy more time to sell the home?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I doubt it. Changing the ownership of the property will not change the character of the loan that as made to your and your husband.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.




Quit claiming it will not absolve you of any obligations under the note





Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer