I was given my home in a divorce settlement but now it is in foreclosure can I quit claim the deed to my husband who is an activ

Asked 10 months ago - Tampa, FL

My home which is in my name only is now in foreclosure but the loan is in my name and my ex-husband's name. The bank sent notice of a non jury trial. Can I quit claim the deed to my husband who is an active duty military member. The house has been up for sale since May and we have reduced the price twice since then, we are making every effort to sell the home and pay off the loan. Will signing the deed over buy more time to sell the home?

1. Kenneth Manuel Damas

6

Answered . No

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . I doubt it. Changing the ownership of the property will not change the character of the loan that as made to your and your husband.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

3. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

5

Answered . No.

4. Jacqueline Alicia Salcines

Pro

5

Answered . Quit claiming it will not absolve you of any obligations under the note

5. Vincent J. Gallo

6

Answered . No