I was given an infraction for indecent exposure and trespassing at a park for changing my clothes in a car.

Asked about 2 years ago - Fremont, CA

I wasn't arrested because these were park rangers and I believe that none of these crimes are going against any sort of record (though I'm not too sure). Neither of them are listed as misdemeanors. Should I fight it or should I lick my chops and pay the $550 fine? Do they go against my record?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Rutledge Norton

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Infractions will not go on your record. Deciding to fight or pay the ticket is totally your choise but I would suggest speaking with an attorney in your area and get their opinion.

  2. Angela M Berry-Jacoby

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should consult with an attorney. There may be defenses, issues an untrained eye might miss. Yu might also consider that if you just "lick your chops" and take them, they will show up IF in the future you are charged with the same or similar conduct. You may not get the benefit of the doubt with respect to what you were doing when exposed if the issue comes up again in the future and you could be looking at greater charges.

Related Topics

Criminal tresspass

Criminal trespass is when you enter someone's property without authorization, either at a prohibited time or onto property you are not allowed to enter at all.

Mark David Brynteson

Understanding Slip & Fall Cases

The Law Is About People Mark D. Brynteson Attorney at Law 2969 Rolling Meadow Court Belvidere, Illinois 61008 (o) 815-569-4280 (f) 815-371-0146 web site: www.bryntesonlaw.com... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering