I was given a ticket for DUI and being in a park after hours. I was not arrested nor did I spend time in jail.

Asked over 1 year ago - Osawatomie, KS

I blew over at the park but when I blew again at the police station it was .079 I feel I should fight this but am unsure where to go from here. I was only given tickets and no blood was taken. I have never been in trouble of any kind.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

3

Answered . It sounds like it may be one you could successfully fight. You need to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. There is your driving privilege to consider as well as the criminal charge of dui. You have a limited time period to request a hearing. If you do not request that hearing you could lose your license even if you are found not guilty.

2. Robert C. Gigstad

3

Answered . I recommend contacting a DUI defense lawyer in Kansas, as soon as possible. You could have a case you want to fight. It is also important to note you only have 14 days to request the administrative driver's license hearing in Kansas to try to save your driving privileges. Best of luck.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . It certainly sounds like you have a case that should be fought. I suggest using avvo to find a couple of local DUI attorneys, most of whom will offer a free consultation. Give them a call, and go from there. I generally also suggest meeting with them in person before deciding who to hire. Many attorneys offer fair prices with payment plans, so don't let your fear of the cost dissuade you. Fighting this without an attorney is next to impossible. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen