I was given a ticket for DUI and being in a park after hours. I was not arrested nor did I spend time in jail.

Osawatomie, KS |

I blew over at the park but when I blew again at the police station it was .079 I feel I should fight this but am unsure where to go from here. I was only given tickets and no blood was taken. I have never been in trouble of any kind.

1. It sounds like it may be one you could successfully fight. You need to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. There is your driving privilege to consider as well as the criminal charge of dui. You have a limited time period to request a hearing. If you do not request that hearing you could lose your license even if you are found not guilty.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

2. It certainly sounds like you have a case that should be fought. I suggest using avvo to find a couple of local DUI attorneys, most of whom will offer a free consultation. Give them a call, and go from there. I generally also suggest meeting with them in person before deciding who to hire. Many attorneys offer fair prices with payment plans, so don't let your fear of the cost dissuade you. Fighting this without an attorney is next to impossible. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. I recommend contacting a DUI defense lawyer in Kansas, as soon as possible. You could have a case you want to fight. It is also important to note you only have 14 days to request the administrative driver's license hearing in Kansas to try to save your driving privileges. Best of luck.