I was given 12 months of supervised probation and alcohol monitoring 2x week. How do I know if they will be BAs or UAs?

Denver, CO |

I got my 1st DUI and BAC was over .20. The Judge said I will be tested 2x per week. The PO told me hopefully I never see him again and just complete my requirements and send him paperwork. If I will be tested twice a week, how do I know if I will be given BAs or UAs?

1. Assume at some point you will be given a UA. Do not do drugs on probation.

2. You will likely be assigned a color code and given a telephone number to call daily with a recording indicating what kind of test you need to take. Typically, you will do breath tests over the duration of your probation and urine testing less but more frequently in the early stages of your probation period.

Best of luck to you.

John Buckley

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

3. The Probation Officer would have given you a telephone number to call every day and you would alos be assigned a color code. If on the day you call the telephone recorder will ask you for your color code if it matches the color code for the day you are then required to go and give either a BAC or UA as applicable before the end of that day. Make sure you havedetailed records to prove that you called on the spe cified date , the color code for that dya nad your assigned color code. Please note that the color code may change during the term of your probation. Remember, if your color is not called over a week of two than call your Probation Officer and report it to him or her.

Best of Luck

This web site was created by this law firm so that you could learn more about the legal services that Iyer Law Office, LLC, offer. Although every effort is made to provide complete and accurate information, Iyer Law Office, LLC, makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy or currency or reliability of the information herein. The laws change frequently and facts or circumstances are unique to each case. This website is for informational purposes or general educational purposes only and should not be used, acted upon, or relied upon without first consulting with Iyer Law Office, LLC, or another attorney to determine if and to what extent the information contained herein may apply to your specific case or circumstance. You should not act or rely on any information at this Web site without seeking the advice of an attorney. None of the information at this Web site is intended to constitute, nor does it constitute, legal advice. None of the information necessarily reflects the opinions of this Web site or its attorneys or clients. This Web site is not soliciting clients and does not propose any type of transaction. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on web sites or advertisements. In some cases, the attorney may associate with other attorneys in the handling of the client's case, whether as local counsel, trial counsel, co-counsel or any other capacity. An attorney-client relationship will continue with all such associated co-counsels and client(s). Any information that you send us in an e-mail message might not be confidential or privileged, and sending us an e-mail message will not create an attorney-client relationship. The information herein is not intended to create and does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship with us cannot be formed by reading or acting upon the information herein. The only way to become our client is through a mutual Fee Agreement signed by the client and attorney and payment of our mutually agreed fees. If you are interested in having us represent you, you should call us so that we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. We will not make this determination by e-mail communication. The telephone numbers for our offices are listed in this Web site. We reserve the right to decline any representation. We may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with our other clients. This Web site has tried to comply with all legal and ethical requirements in compiling this Web site. We do not want to represent clients based on their review of any portion of this Web site that does not comply with legal or ethical requirements. The information herein is not soliciting clients and does not propose any type of transaction. By using this information, you assume any and all risks associated with this use. This Web site might contain links to other resources on the Internet. Those links are to help you identify and locate other resources on the Internet. The links are not intended to state or imply that this Web site sponsors or is affiliated or associated in any way with the information at those other Web sites. To the extent that the professional responsibility rules of any jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office for this Web site, this Web site designates its office at 3333 South Bannock Street, Suite 330, Wells Fargo Building, Englewood, CO 80110. Iyer Law Office, LLC, expressly disclaims any liability for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues, or lost profits, personal injury of any kind (including but not limited to any and all punitive damages) resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained herein.