I was forced to file bankruptcy due to an auto accident in Texas. How do I get my license reinstated?

Round Rock, TX |

Was in a friends car who didn't have insurance come to find out afterwards. I was served papers and sued for the damages. I never got a ticket for insurance but one for an unsafe turn. License was suspended because of an unsatisfied judgement. Did my research to get it all taken care of but now I don't know what/who I need to get into contact with to get it reinstated. I know its a 100 dollars to get it reinstated but just don't know who to mail the bankruptcy papers to. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Contact the DMV. They may also have resources online. The bankruptcy discharge should be deemed a satisfaction of the judgment.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

First, start with the DMV. You may be able to find something on line. If not contact the DMV for its procedure. If that does not help, contact the lawyer you used regarding the original matter. Good luck.

The information provided should not be considered legal advice. I am not licensed to practice in any State other than SC. The results of your case will depend on the presentation of evidence, the law and other factors that may change depending on an in depth analysis of the facts of the case. Please see an attorney before making legal decisions.

Contact Texas Department of Public Safety in Austin about setting up a payment plan to pay off judgment and you should be able to get license reinstated.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets