Skip to main content

I was force into a statement by a cop and he had me write something that was my true and he tricked me saying he would let himgo

Battle Ground, WA |

I was forced by a cop to write a statement ( I'm 15) and the cop said if I wrote that the person had a gun but didn't shoot it that the person would get let free at the station and I was scared so I did and now the person is facing up to 8 years in prison for something he didn't do and I want to know how to fix this

Attorney Answers 3


Speak to your own lawyer about your defenses. There may be reasons why you would want to speak to the lawyer representing the other guy. More likely, an investigator for the defense will speak to you. In general, if you chose to speak to police officers it comes with risks. Officers are allowed to do all kinds of things while they are questioning you. Do not post the details of your case on social media web sites. Some problems cannot be undone. most attorneys would prefer you to remain silent and seek an attorney instead of engaging with police officers.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


In addition to the above answer, you are old enough to know that this needs to be rectified.

Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Contact the defendant's attorney and advise him or her what you have told us.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics