I was fired while under a doctors care (note to be out of work) Do I have any recourse?

El Dorado Hills, CA |

What are the laws of a non profit organization (funded through the city and county)when it comes to terminating a full time employee? This employee had just gone on Medical leave under doctors orders (Dr. faxed the orders to the office)

The answer to whether it was unlawful to fire you depends on a number of facts that are not addressed by your question and thus an assessment cannot be made here. You should consult with an employment law specialist who can hear all the details of your case and make an evaluation of whether you have any legal claims against this employer.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.