I was fired from my job for failing drug test, I dont do drugs but drink RED BULL COLA can the COCA leaves in it make me fail?

Albuquerque, NM |

I was hired for a new job, had to take entry screening tests, and failed due to "traces" of cocaine in my system; which is absurd!! I do not consume narcotics, which made me start looking into my diet, upon this, I find that I consume Red Bull Cola's on a daily basis most of the time, and when I read into the ingredients in this drink, I find COCA LEAF in the ingredients. Could this be Why my test came back positive? and if so, can I be compensated for damages and benefits lost? I have a famly of two and have not been able to find a job since, its been two months and is affecting my family severely. Not only my professional life, but my personal life as well, now I am viewed as this druggie and have lost all respect from people and clients whom I had before. Please let me know what you can

There's coca leaf in Red Bull Cola??? No wonder it's so expensive. I don't know if this could cause a false positive but I wonder who in the HR department of this job you lost is out there spreading information about you failing a drug screen. They are not supposed to disclose this information. If it's you that is blabbing about it and this is causing damage to your reputation then I suggest that you stop.

Recommended articles about Employment