I was fired from my job for being falsely accused off testing positive for marijuana. Can I sue to get my job back?

Asked 8 months ago - Coeur D Alene, ID

Not only was I fired but had also sustained an injury to my shoulder which was aggravated in an accident in a company vehicle in which I was a passenger just the week before. Now I can't seem to get answers on a workman's comp claim because I was told there was no record of the accident turned in. I was not driving but injured my shoulder, gave a written statement to management, and was accused and released the following week. do I have any recourse? I just want my surgery taken care of and to be reinstated at my job. Any monies received can go directly to the attorney(s).

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Spencer Caswell Young

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would get an a consultation from an attorney in your area and present them with all the facts, documents and witnesses that can support your claims. It sounds like workers compensation might be an issue. If you got fired for a false MJ report, that may not be actionable, since you may be an at will employee.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,095 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,095 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering