I was fired from my job for being falsely accused off testing positive for marijuana. Can I sue to get my job back?

Asked 8 months ago - Coeur D Alene, ID

Not only was I fired but had also sustained an injury to my shoulder which was aggravated in an accident in a company vehicle in which I was a passenger just the week before. Now I can't seem to get answers on a workman's comp claim because I was told there was no record of the accident turned in. I was not driving but injured my shoulder, gave a written statement to management, and was accused and released the following week. do I have any recourse? I just want my surgery taken care of and to be reinstated at my job. Any monies received can go directly to the attorney(s).

1. Spencer Caswell Young

3

Answered . I would get an a consultation from an attorney in your area and present them with all the facts, documents and witnesses that can support your claims. It sounds like workers compensation might be an issue. If you got fired for a false MJ report, that may not be actionable, since you may be an at will employee.