I was fired from my job , Can I sue my employer and the person who made a false statement against me ? A he said she said case.

Bloomfield, NJ |

A co-worker stated I called him a racial comment and Human Resources all ready had it in there mind I was fired no matter of the out come , but no investagation was made . I was targeted at my job . All other employees knew I was on probation , and for a racial comment my union would not defend me , and Human Resources threathen me ( Head of Human Resources). I didnt get any paper work until I signed a resignation paper , then a week later I was giving the paper work. i was targed from the start , Do I have a civil case against the person and my employer ?

1. There is no viable case. The best course of action for you is to seek new employment immediately.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

2. Based on what I am reading it doesn't appear likely. If you want to be sure as to whether you have a viable claim against your employer I would schedule a consultation with an attorney handling cases pertaining to employment law as this is a technical area of law.

Many times employers fire employees for bad reasons or even no reason at all, particularly if they are at-will, or if they can be fired for any reason without notice. The only limitation that the employers are subject to is that they can't fire people for reasons that are against public policy; such as reasons of race, gender, ethnicity, age, etc...

Bring all of your documentation to a lawyer and schedule a consultation. If you choose to go to a consultation, be prepared to answer the following questions: 1. How long was I employed for? 2. What kind of job did I have? 3. What was my disciplinary history? 4. What do I want, my job back or not? 5. What kind of money damages did I suffer?

I do agree with my colleague that you should try finding a new job immediately and to be prepared to hear from the attorney at the consultation that you dont have a case against your employer. You should still go anyway if it helps put your mind at ease so there are no What if's.

Good luck with your situation.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.