I was fired from my job , Can I sue my employer and the person who made a false statement against me ? A he said she said case.

Asked about 2 years ago - Bloomfield, NJ

A co-worker stated I called him a racial comment and Human Resources all ready had it in there mind I was fired no matter of the out come , but no investagation was made . I was targeted at my job . All other employees knew I was on probation , and for a racial comment my union would not defend me , and Human Resources threathen me ( Head of Human Resources). I didnt get any paper work until I signed a resignation paper , then a week later I was giving the paper work. i was targed from the start , Do I have a civil case against the person and my employer ?

1. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

Answered . Based on what I am reading it doesn't appear likely. If you want to be sure as to whether you have a viable claim against your employer I would schedule a consultation with an attorney handling cases pertaining to employment law as this is a technical area of law.

Many times employers fire employees for bad reasons or even no reason at all, particularly if they are at-will, or if they can be fired for any reason without notice. The only limitation that the employers are subject to is that they can't fire people for reasons that are against public policy; such as reasons of race, gender, ethnicity, age, etc...

Bring all of your documentation to a lawyer and schedule a consultation. If you choose to go to a consultation, be prepared to answer the following questions: 1. How long was I employed for? 2. What kind of job did I have? 3. What was my disciplinary history? 4. What do I want, my job back or not? 5. What kind of money damages did I suffer?

I do agree with my colleague that you should try finding a new job immediately and to be prepared to hear from the attorney at the consultation that you dont have a case against your employer. You should still go anyway if it helps put your mind at ease so there are no What if's.

Good luck with your situation.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . There is no viable case. The best course of action for you is to seek new employment immediately.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now