I was fired for taking a cookie, when it was an acceptable practice for over 2 years.

Dayton, OH |

The union did not get me my job back can I fight this outside of the Union?

You should immediately and privately consult with a lawyer who practices employment law.

You being fired for taking a cookie may be pretextual.

Do not write about your situation online or talk about it with anyone who is not your attorney.

No attorney-client relationship is established via The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

A lot more information is needed to decide if this was pretextual or not. I would suggest contacting an employment attorney who can provide you with a free consultation. Without knowing anything besides what you've typed, no attorney could decide if you have a case or not.

Recommended articles about Employment