I was fired for complaining about being harassed. is there anything i can do abou this?

Asked over 3 years ago - New Port Richey, FL

i was at first being sexually harassed by another employee. i told my boss several times but nonthing changed. then this employees attitude changed towards me and he became hostile and agressive in a non sexual way. was making it very hard to do my job. i told my boss again about his and he fired my saying he didnt need any 'BAD CHEMESTRY' in his work place. what can i do about this?

1. Scott M. Behren

Pro

Answered . You might want to consider filing an EEOC Charge for retaliation under TItle VII and the Florida Civil Rights Act. I have posted on my blog about the process for filing and EEOC Charge. Feel free to check it out at www.takethisjobnshoveitblog.com.

2. Karen Suzette Lindholdt

Answered . Based upon the facts you provided, it sounds like you may have a case for wrongful termination. It is unlawful for employers to terminate an employee based solely upon the fact that the employee had complained or acted as a whistleblower about another employees inappropriate behavior. Here, it sounds like the entire basis for your termination was because you had complained about being sexually harassed by a co-worker. I highly recommend that you meet with an attorney in your region who specializes in wrongful termination. Good luck.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now