I was fired by my employer when a resident said i verbally abused her her rm is next to the nurses station

Columbus, MS |

the resident claimed i told her to stand she said she was scared and that i said fall and i will come pick you up later and that was a lie bc we all know she cant even stand on her on. A so called investigation was conducted in 2 days or less and i was fired for being verbally abusive. The nurse and other cna that night were sitting side by side at the nurses station next to the residents room and the nurse lied and said she heard me being abusive and the cna tried to ask why she wasn't included in the investigation because she did not here me saying anything out of the way or rude to this resident but they ignored her and the nurse continued to just cover herself and in nursing if you witness abuse you report it and correct it immediately but this was not the case here so what can i do

Essentially, you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all absent an employment contract and discrimination based on race, national origin, etc. However, call a local employment lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

You need to call an employment lawyer ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

see answer to your other posting

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You should contact and an employment lawyer.

You can find one on AVVO

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.