I was fired by my employer when a resident said i verbally abused her her rm is next to the nurses station

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, MS

the resident claimed i told her to stand she said she was scared and that i said fall and i will come pick you up later and that was a lie bc we all know she cant even stand on her on. A so called investigation was conducted in 2 days or less and i was fired for being verbally abusive. The nurse and other cna that night were sitting side by side at the nurses station next to the residents room and the nurse lied and said she heard me being abusive and the cna tried to ask why she wasn't included in the investigation because she did not here me saying anything out of the way or rude to this resident but they ignored her and the nurse continued to just cover herself and in nursing if you witness abuse you report it and correct it immediately but this was not the case here so what can i do

Pro

7

Answered . Essentially, you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all absent an employment contract and discrimination based on race, national origin, etc. However, call a local employment lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. David J. McCormick

Answered . You need to call an employment lawyer ASAP.

3. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

Answered . see answer to your other posting

4. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

Answered . You should contact and an employment lawyer.

You can find one on AVVO