I was fired by boss and filed for unemployment: boss now disputing claim.

Alexandria, VA |

I worked there for year and a half, and very important patient cancelled appt by email (4 p.m.) night before appt. Boss became very angry that I hadn't read my email before leaving work that day, and now is claiming I was suspended for misconduct. He sent me home on a Weds. and called me that night to fire me. Can anyone please tell me what constitutes misconduct in the state of Virginia? Do I need to hire an attorney? Should I get co-worker to testify on my behalf? I have a telephonic hearing in Sept. Thank you very much!

Unemployment insurance is a program that may provide you with money if you lose your job through no fault of your own. If you quit your job without meeting these requirements, you may be denied benefits because you will be considered to have voluntarily quit your job. If you feel unsafe at your job despite taking other steps, you may be eligible.

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding

Recommended articles about Employment