I was falsely arrested for resisting arrest. it was at an airport so it was all on camera can I sue after trial read all details

Asked 11 months ago - Saranac Lake, NY

i'll I was also was assaulted. head smashed off a wall. and choked on camera and harassed all while In hand cuffs i'll admit disorderly conduct cuz I was drunk and belligerent but I did not resist arrest and I was attacked and I didn't go after the cop or anything

1. Howard A. Schwartz

2

Answered . You can attempt a suit based on the actions you described. The action will have a better chance if you are not found guilty of anything and it would be better if you did not admit to negative activities on the internet. You might want to consult with a civil attorney about your chances. Good luck.

This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . You may be able to sue. However, you likely need to serve a Notice of Claim within 90 of the incident to preserve your state law claims. You criminal defense lawyer should take steps to get the surveillance tapes before they are taped over.

3. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . You may sue after you are acquitted or the case is dismissed. An ACD will prohibit a lawsuit by you. You must make a timely claim against the agency/municipality by filing notice. Consult an attorney concerning the latter, as it may be as early as 90 days after the incident.