I was falsely accused of sexual harassment and fired. can I still get unemployment? However, did have a relationship?

Jackson, MS |

I was falsely accused of sexual harassment. The person told the company that i was harassing her and asking her for sexual favor. However, I did have a relationship with her in the past but I ended it. She wanted to continue it. So one day she got made at me with job. She told them that she quit because of harassment from me. However, she was the one harassing me to continue the relationship but I did not. However, I told the company the truth and got fired for violation of company policy and inappropriate conduct. But not sexual harassment. I told them this to prove that I was not guilty those allegations.

1. Potentially. It will be the employer's burden on the unemployment hearing that you committed gross misconduct to justify denial of unemployment benefits. It could come down to who the administrative law judge believes, or evidence that you have that she was harassing you.

2. You may want to employ an employment law attorney to assist you in filing for unemployment benefits.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/