Skip to main content

I was falsely accused of sexual harassment

Toledo, OH |

My accuser made advancements towards me and for awhile it seemed as if we where in a relationship, we hanged out, and messaged each other and so on, then she came clean and told me she had been having numerous affairs at our job and I wanted no part of it, she retaliated and reported me to my management. She also had other coworkers claim I had sexual harassed them as well. This has cause me great stress as I was railroaded out of my job

Attorney Answers 3

  1. These situations are very difficult because there often aren't independent witnesses or physical evidence, if I read your question correctly, other workers are falsely accusing you as well, if so then you could be in a very difficult position.

    You should consult with an attorney for a variety of reasons. First, if you were terminated from your job based on false accusations, you may have a lawsuit for defamation against your accuser. There could also be a wrongful termination suit against the employer, but you should file for unemployment first.

    You also might need an attorney to defend you against a lawsuit, should the alleged accuser decide to file a lawsuit against you first. Find an experienced employment law attorney immediately and discuss this matter in private.

  2. You should immediately and privately consult with a lawyer who practices in the area of employment law and/or civil litigation. You may be able to sue for defamation, tortious interference with employment, and civil conspiracy.

    Do not talk about this matter with anyone who is not your attorney. Do not write about it online. What you say or write can be used against you in court.

    No attorney-client relationship is established via The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

  3. Best advice is for you to speak to an employment law attorney, immediately. I wish you the best, my friend. Avvo website is a great place to start your search for an attorney!

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics