I was falsely accused of sexual harassment

Asked 12 months ago - Toledo, OH

My accuser made advancements towards me and for awhile it seemed as if we where in a relationship, we hanged out, and messaged each other and so on, then she came clean and told me she had been having numerous affairs at our job and I wanted no part of it, she retaliated and reported me to my management. She also had other coworkers claim I had sexual harassed them as well. This has cause me great stress as I was railroaded out of my job

1. Donald Michael Gallick

Pro

3

1

Answered . These situations are very difficult because there often aren't independent witnesses or physical evidence, if I read your question correctly, other workers are falsely accusing you as well, if so then you could be in a very difficult position.

You should consult with an attorney for a variety of reasons. First, if you were terminated from your job based on false accusations, you may have a lawsuit for defamation against your accuser. There could also be a wrongful termination suit against the employer, but you should file for unemployment first.

You also might need an attorney to defend you against a lawsuit, should the alleged accuser decide to file a lawsuit against you first. Find an experienced employment law attorney immediately and discuss this matter in private.

2. Kyle J Bristow

3

1

Answered . You should immediately and privately consult with a lawyer who practices in the area of employment law and/or civil litigation. You may be able to sue for defamation, tortious interference with employment, and civil conspiracy.

Do not talk about this matter with anyone who is not your attorney. Do not write about it online. What you say or write can be used against you in court.

www.francelawgroup.net

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

1

Answered . Best advice is for you to speak to an employment law attorney, immediately. I wish you the best, my friend. Avvo website is a great place to start your search for an attorney!