I was falsely accused and my case was dismissed, what are my options civilly? Can I sue and who?

Hampton, VA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I was charged with rape and other serious felonies and my case was finally dismissed recently. Social services also founded a complaint against me. The accusations were completely false and this was all proven with the medical reports, the fact that there was no detail to this "story" and it was found to be a big lie. The commonwealth moved to drop all charges because the victim couldn't articulate a crime occured. That's the short version of this gigantic nightmare. All of this information in regards to showing that this story wasn't true was known before I was even interviewed by police or social services and I was still indicted, and had a founded complaint placed against me. What are my options civilly so that I may get some justice of some kind?I have lost everything.

1. Go speak to a lawyer in person to determine if any action can be taken and if so, against whom.

2. Claims against law enforcement for false arrest and malicious prosecution can be tough. Go speak to a "civil rights" lawyer and get some legal advice.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/