Skip to main content

I was driving with expire licence and i did not know. i got a ticket and said misdeaminor. how a face this in court to reduced t

Fremont, CA |
Filed under: Traffic court

should i declare guilty. or no contest

Attorney Answers 3


No!! You get an attorney to deal with it. If you cannot afford one, since its a misdemeanor, you can apply for a public defender.

Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


As Mr. Feasel said, you don't just plead guilty (or no contest) to charges you're facing. You should certainly consider getting a local lawyer or at least consulting with one in your area.

One other thing I might add:
Have you since sought to get a current license? That might go a long way. I've seen judges dismiss driving without a license charges because the defendant got a license and showed it to the court.

Check with the DMV and see what you need to do for a renewal.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree get an attorney. They may be able to beat the case or negotiate for a lesser charge.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics