I was driving my moms car and didn't have insurance or licence. Now. What can I do to get the car out of impound

Asked over 1 year ago - Vista, CA

I backed into a car parked directly behind me did not see her. She didn't have a license either it was on a private property. It just so happened a police officer was walking by and both of our cars are impounded for 30 days. The vehicle is my moms and in her name. Is there anything I can due

1. Frank Marvin Nunes

6

Answered . There should be a form you can get from the local law enforcment agency to address your concerns. Pick up the form and get it to your mother. Fill out the form and turn it in to the local police agaency.

2. David M Blain

3

Answered . Tell your mom what happened. Take her down to the impound lot, pay the fee and they will release the car to her.

3. Marc Sean Hurd

2

Answered . Assuming that your mother had insurance, the accident should be reported to her insurance company if the damage is (or could be) over $500. While you say that you did not have insurance, generally speaking the insurance "follows the car" not the person, and unless the insurance company had a specific exclusion keeping you off her policy, you likely qualify as a "permissive user" to be afforded coverage under that policy.